- The testing area must be located so Test Takers are not disturbed by foot traffic, conversations, or outside noises.
- Noise canceling headphones or disposable earplugs must be provided to Test Takers or located at each OEP workstation prior to the start of the exam.
- The testing area must be free from any other activity during a testing session.
- OEP does not allow Test Takers to bring tobacco products, food, drinks, or chewing gum into the testing area.
Proper Control of Room Temperature and Ventilation
- The testing area must be comfortable and well ventilated, with a room temperature range between 70- and 75-degrees Fahrenheit or 20 and 25 degrees Celsius.
- Ventilation should supply continuous air circulation.
- There must be enough lighting in the testing area so that the Test Taker can easily read test items, materials, and the computer screen without difficulty.
Sufficient Physical Space
- The testing area must be large enough to place the testing stations, computer tables, and chairs adequately, such that the Test Taker can easily move about.
- Each testing workstation must be separated with a partition or spaced apart by 5 feet or 1.5 meters to prevent a candidate from viewing another computer screen. If a partition or an adequate amount of space between work-stations is not available, a OEP Test Taker cannot be seated next to another OEP Test Taker.
- Workstations/tabletops must be large enough to allow for the monitor, keyboard (if not placed on a slide tray under the desk), mouse and test aids used by a Test Taker.
- Minimum height should be 30 in (76.2 cm) and minimum width should be 42 in (107 cm). Depth can vary based on whether a slide tray is used under the desk for a keyboard, and the type of monitor being used.
Become A Testing Center
Simply complete the online application and we will begin the qualifying process. Please note: you must complete a separate application for each testing location.
Benefits for test centers and test takers
Streamlining the experience
From the moment candidates enter your center, you can count on a smooth and reliable process. From automated check-in and exam readiness, through test delivery and quick results processing, count on OEP’s proven methods and technology. Every step, every time.
Smart scheduling — Greater accessibility and flexibility
The advanced registration and scheduling system allow you to efficiently manage your test center hours and staff resources while providing candidates with scheduling flexibility.
Highly secure test environments
OEP’s advanced security measures ensure that the correct candidate takes the test, and all candidates test in a controlled and secure environment.
Access special promotion and support tools
Being an OEP Authorized Test Center gives you access to volume discounts, special promotions and support tools to grow your business. Examples include content on the value of certification for your website, signage, marketing materials that you can co-brand, access to research and discounts on Pearson products.
Provide access to success
Your test center has even greater potential to help your students, staff or people in your community by providing them with access to certifications and qualifications that develop their skills and knowledge. Also, providing professional and IT exams and many other leading global programs, complements your offerings and helps you grow